Saturday, June 27, 2009

Questions my Students are asking

Professor Doyle,

Good Morning. I seem to be having some issues with the quiz for the lab work. It requires "Javascript" and I have javascript but I try over and over again to solve the solution but I simply Cant; I was wondering what do you recommend to do about this even for future reference?

,Manuel A.



Hi Manuel,

Let me know exactly which link is giving you the problem, for example, when you get to our web page at http://english.glendale.cc.ca.us/e190summer.html, is your problem doing week#1, item #12. When you do those vocabulary quizes, tap on the button "next question" to start the test.

Mr.D.



--------------------------


Remember students: we have this Friday off when the college celebrates Independence Day.

This week, I need you to select you outside book report reading book. Bring the book to show Mr.Doyle. Everyone needs their book by Thursday.


-------------------------


Hello Professor Doyle,
This is Anna B., I am the new student added onto your English 190 class for 10:30am today. I hope you remember me. Anyways I just wanted to ask if the lessons on your webpage had to be completed each day or by the end of the week. I did the first lesson today since I missed class yesterday and I got a 4 out of 10. I'm just not sure how your grading works and I wanted to know if I could recieve a little more information just to make sure I will do okay in your class. Thank you for taking the time into reading this I'm looking forward from hearing you soon!

-Anna


Hi Anna,
The lab work is due each week by the Saturday night at midnight. Go to http://english.glendale.cc.ca.us/e190summer.html and then do all the items marked lesson or quiz.
On the lessons, if you get 6 or more done out of 10, you move on to the next set of lessons. If you get 4 out of 10, you should do the lesson over again, but not more that one more time whether you pass it our not.

Mr.D